Moving home is always a stressful experience, so here are 15 ingenious tips & tricks to make move day much less painful.
Before Move Day:
- Ensure you are all organised, prepared and ready for our team’s arrival.
- Ensure everything except furniture is either boxed or bagged.
- Ensure that a parking space is facilitated for our removal vehicle. Parking cones or leaving a letter with neighbours can be a good idea.
- Keep any personal items in a safe place to prevent keys, passports, credit cards (etc.) being packed away in the removal van.
- Mark boxes and door frames with a number or colour code system to ensure boxes go into correct rooms.
- Ensure no paints or flammables are packed for moving.
- Remember to keep any bolts screws and fixings for any furniture, beds (etc.) you dismantle – you’ll need these at the other end.
- Empty your petrol lawnmower or other garden machinery of fuel.
- Put any liquid, foodstuffs or oils into separate bags before placing into cardboard boxes.
On Move Day:
- Kindly keep children and pets out the way of our team’s removal progress, this will speed up the process.
- Complete a final check of rooms and cupboards to ensure that nothing is left behind.
- Keep your vacuum cleaner and cleaning products handy for any last-minute cleaning.
- Have a team of unpackers to help unpacking on move day (this will help reduce the stress, and speed up the process immensely).
- Have someone in your new home to direct our team to what goes where.
- Keep a kettle handy – a cup of tea goes a long way! 😉
Well, those are some of our tips to make moving home less stressful. If you have any questions, please get in contact without us here.
Also, don’t forget to contact us for a free quote today for a 5-star move!