Moving day is already stressful enough, don’t let choosing the wrong removal company make the experience even harder. Here are Eleven Must Do things when choosing a reputable removal company:
- Ensure they’ll arrange a home visit for an accurate, written quotation – as opposed to an estimate over the phone.
- Ask if they provide storage facilities, in case there’s a delay in getting keys.
- Ask if their staff is permanent and fully trained.
- Ask if they can provide references via Google, Facebook, Trustpilot, etc.
- Ask to see a copy of their Goods in Transit insurance policy and if they have a good claims record.
- Ask if Premises Protection insurance cover will be arranged.
- Ask if they have a customer care policy and complaints procedures.
- Ask them if they have suitable vehicles to carry out the work.
- Ask if they use protective covers for your sofas, mattresses, etc.
- Ask them if you will receive a confirmation of booking in writing.
- Ask if their service is subject to any potential surcharges, such as delays arising due to late key exchange, postponement and cancellation of moving date.
So, now you know exactly how to choose the right company when moving house, but why not skip all that and contact us for a free quote today!